Friday, November 28, 2008

Week 8/ Thing #14

Took the tour of the Delicious "learn more" site. "Social bookmarking" is the product, which would enable me to get to my bookmarks from any computer; organize my bookmarks through tagging, as the list grows; and to share my bookmarks and tags with friends and unknown others. I didn't join the site, because I don't want yet another user name and password, and I don't want to share my email address with anyone else, if I can possibly help it. I did find out I can discover the most popular blogs/tags without joining. today's is "How to sen email to any cell phone."
Technocrati doesn't have a tour, but I Googled to find out that it's an "Internet sarch engine for searching blogs, competing with Google and Yahoo." As of June it contains 112 million blogs and 250 thousand tagged social media sites. Yikes. Again, I didn't join.
We do have LibraryThing,, Delicious, Technocrati, et al, bookmarked at our two circ stations, so if I need it to help a patron or myself, I can go there. There was an intriguing ad on Technocrati about how to earn $6000 dollars from a personal blog...wonder what that's about!
Read a few blogs about Library 2.0. New paradigms (remember that term?) do seem to create different opinions. Change - as our president-elect said - is coming. The only question is which change? Is all change benficial? Obama avowed that he isn't against all war - just dumb war. I could use that logic. I'm not against all change - just dumb change.

No comments: