Saturday, November 29, 2008

Week 9/ Thing #18

Wikis continued...
On the Vermont's 23 Things Wiki at PBWIKI I added a favorite restaurant to the Favorites page, then linked my blog to the Favorite Blogs page.
On the Wetpaint Wiki I added a favorite book on the Favorite Book page. Whoopee!
I find this is taking quite a bit longer than the suggested 15 minutes per item model. I did not have time to thoroughly peruse all the entries by Vermont librarians. I think I will continue to use the wiki I know best- Wikipedia- for information on the fly. Lack of verifiable empirical evidence notwithstanding, it's a boon. My very favorite "pedia" source is The World Book in hard cover. Nothing like sitting in a chair and holding an actual book, written by actual experts, and edited by actual professionals.
As far as other wikis (and there must be millions by now) I probably won't be able to keep up. Maybe when I retire?

No comments: